Monday, June 24, 2013

Just...WOW!

GUALA!! *in my voice* No clue where to start, so I'll just go with it. It is only Monday, and this experience has been absolutely uplifting. I did not know, nor did I think, that there were so many other GEAR UP alumni who remotely possessed this same passion that I do about this program. To have the opportunity to meet with others from across the country is a reward in itself! Not only that, but our leaders, speakers, presenters, and all of those who are working with us on this project are encouraging, focused individuals. They are guiding us and providing us with so many TOOLS (shout out to Mr. Johnnie Williams III) necessary to continue the support of this great initiative. I am honored to have them all as mentors so that I can go back to my home state with motivating energy for Louisiana GEAR UP!

THANK YOU to: Ms. Judy Martinez, Mr. Daniel Bremer, Ms. Diane Charles

So, as we say in LA, Laissez les bon temps rouler! :)

2 comments:

  1. Timenee --
    Thanks for sharing your passion with all of us. Looking forward to hearing your story tomorrow at the Hill Briefing. As we said yesterday, "Maybe stories are just data with a soul." (Brene Brown)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I just saw this! But I hope you all were inspired, and I look forward to my continued work with GEAR UP and GUALA!

      Delete