Wednesday, October 9, 2013

From Summer School to Pharmacy School

As I am sitting here doing chemistry and biology homework, it is so crazy to think that I have already experienced my first year on campus! I'm no longer the "fresh face" of campus and it is truly a bittersweet moment. This time last year I was just settling into the college life, thinking about what I was going to wear to the football game and how to make the most of the space in my dorm room. Now I am looking into Pharmacy Schools and taking some of the hardest classes of my life. But, I know without participating in the GEAR UP Program throughout high school and middle school I would not have been as prepared as I am now.
I would like to thank GEAR UP KY for every college visit, every parent night and having us do college research to determine which college had majors that we were interested in and also helping us with applying to those schools when the time came. I would like to personally thank Ms. Nealy and Mrs.Eckler for holding our weekly meetings and never neglecting to make sure that we always stayed on track with whatever we were doing. The GEAR UP Academy is still one of my top GEAR UP memories because I was able to stay at a campus during an entire summer, meet my college roommate and also build relationships with students that are now enrolled all over the state of Kentucky. I just recently read an article that was made in 2009 when I participated in the GEAR UP Academy at EKU, and it's so cool to see that my interests in Pharmacy were still very apparent in the interview.

Thank you GEAR UP for keeping me on track and always giving me a shoulder to lean on!

1 comment:

  1. Brooke,
    You make us so proud! What a truly dynamic, intelligent, and insightful young woman you are. It's an honor to be a part of your world. Mrs. Ecker and I will always be here for you.
    Ms. Nealy

    ReplyDelete